the web home of Dan Rose
I have given many public presentations about my work at companies, universities, and research conferences. Topics include:
- "Cloud Search and the Democratization of Information Retrieval," 2012 International SIGIR Conference, Portland, Oregon.
- "Search Myths," presented at Amazon.com offices in Seattle, Edinburgh, and Dublin, 2011.
- "Lessons and Challenges from Product Search," 2010 International SIGIR Conference in Geneva, Switzerland.
- "Crowdsourcing for Relevance Evaluation," 2008 International CIKM Conference, Napa, California.
- "User Experience Issues in Web Search," guest lecture in 2005 UC Berkeley course called "Search Engines: Technology, Society, and Business."